Clan Scott Society
Performing Arts Scholarship
(Revised April 2011)
The Clan Scott Society, a heritage organization, will
provide scholarship awards to deserving persons. The award amounts will
be determined annually as permitted by budgetary considerations. The
Society reserves the right to make awards.
- Society: The Clan Scott Society, Inc.
Funds allocated and approved by the Board of Directors for the purposes
of supporting an individual's education, training, or development in
the Scottish Performing Arts.
- Deserving Person:
A minor child, age 18 or younger, who applies to the Society for
financial assistance to support the applicant's education, training, or
development in the Scottish Performing Arts.
- Scottish Performing Arts:
The traditional music or dance of Scotland as typically performed in
competition at Scottish Games and Gatherings; including but not
restricted to Scottish bagpipes, drumming, fiddle, harp, and Highland
- A Performing Arts Scholarship Application Form (PDF) may be obtained by Clicking Here.
- All applications must be submitted in writing to the Chieftain of the Society identifying:
- Applicant’s name,
photograph(s), with permission to publish the photograph in the
Society’s newsletter if applicant is awarded a scholarship,
- the Scottish Performing Art for which the scholarship will be used,
- the person or organization providing the training or education,
- the dates or time period the training or education will occur,
- the cost of the training or education, and
- brief explanation of why the Applicant deserves the scholarship.
- The Chieftain must receive applications by May 1 for consideration in that calendar year.
- The immediate members of the family of a member of the Board of Directors are not eligible to apply for a scholarship.
Chieftain will poll the Board of Directors for a decision on all
scholarship applications received. The Chieftain may delegate this
responsibility to a Board Member. A majority of the Board of Directors
is needed to approve a scholarship award.
Awards will be announced at the Annual General Meeting, which is
normally held during the summer months. Award recipients will be
notified in writing.
Society prefers to distribute scholarship funds direct to the person or
organization providing the training or education to the scholarship
Return to the Clan Scott
Society Home Page
To report broken links or suggest new links,
please contact the Webmaster
Last Updated 06May2011 dms, (c) 1997-2011 Clan Scott Society,